Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Surfboard Hysteria...

So, with the knee on the mend, I've gone in search of some knew rides! And, what better time of year to start looking than the end of summer when all the poser decide to pawn off their barely used sticks so they'll have some pocket cash to put towards a new snowboard (which they'll ride twice all season).

Lucky for me, I've found a few gems:

First up is a beautiful 9' Tri-Fin Rainbow Longboard. From the description on craigslist.com, it's in great condition and ready to rumble. No, I'm not telling you the link because it's going to be mine, all mine!!!! I've honestly been dieing to get my hands on a longboard since I started surfing and this may just be the way to do it. And, really, where do you find longboards (especially on Long Island) for $250 anymore. Blue Crush and MTV killed that! I'm so pumped about it. With the shitty wayves we get here on the East Coast, a longboard is a necessity. Now, I just need to get my knee back in shape again :)

The second board I'm looking at is a 7' In the Eye tri-fin. Slightly used, but still in great shape, this board looks to be a steal at about $150. It slightly reminds me of a cross between my 6'6" egg and 7'2" funshape that were each stolen this year. Both boards look like a blast to ride. Add these on top of the custom made bodyboard that Brent is making for us (as we speak) and I'll be good to go come September. I've just got to keep doing my rehab, eating my vitamins, and saying my prayers (yeah, I'm an old-school Hulkamaniac - whaddya gonna do about it, brother?!?!) and I'll be ready for hurricane swell this fall :) YEAHHHH!

No comments: