Thursday, July 21, 2005

Unkown Desires

Have you ever wanted something, but not known what exactly is the object of your desires? I had that problem last night. I was in a piss-poor mood and I knew I wanted something, but couldn't figure out what it was. Might be that I'm kind of upset with my career at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I feel like I'm never going to be more than a wheel in the cog for the rest of my life. I want to be somebody, do something with my life. It might be this diet I'm on. The wife and I are following the South Beach diet. No carbs (other than veggies) for the first two weeks. I'm getting near my breaking point. I've done this all before with my BB'ing dieting, but the cravings have never been as bad as they are now. I don't even want to think about what I'd do for a cookie or a sandwich.

Regardless, it's probably just stress about my upcoming surgery. Tomorrow!!!! I can't wait to get it done so I can be normal (will I ever be totally normal?) again, but I'm also dreading it. Something about being put under and dealing with the rehab just isn't sounding all that pleasant to me. Not much more going on here. I'll try and come up with a quick entry post-surgery to give an account of it.

No comments: