Wednesday, July 13, 2005

New Times, Old Friends, & Other Ramblings

I received an email the other day from a girl who lived on my floor during my sophmore year of college. We were pretty good friends and hung out in the same group. We've been conversing back and forth the past few days and it kind of made me realize that I met a LOT of people over the last 8 (wow, it's been that long since I started college) years. What happened to them? There was Erin, the cute rugby player who (at one point) I was real tight with; Josh, my old roommate who I recently found out is married and living in Chicago; Bossi, the crazy kid who was had a nose for a party and way of making sure his buddies found some cute girls; Christy, the little chick across the hall who I used to shave my head with - and the list goes on. I miss a lot of these folks and really wish I could find them again.

Anyway, not much new this week. I did my pre-registration for my pre-surgical consult. They asked SO many questions - I honestly thought they were going to ask for my first born! So, I've got that appt next Monday and then I'm being cut next Friday. Fun, fun. Actually, I'm kind of looking forward to putting it behind me and moving on. Once both knees are done, I'll be very, very happy.

I picked up a surfboard for Brent yesterday. The guy selling it was a whack-job, for sure. Talking about how Brent was a nice guy, but that he didn't really know him - Dude, he bought a freaking old, beat-up surfboard from you off Ebay! How well do you expect to know him! Anyway, the board's sitting in my house, mocking me. Telling me I need to get wet. I have serious apprehensions though. I'm freaked out about screwing up both my knees and about breaking his board. I'll wait until this weekend when he comes up and let him christen it. Then, if it breaks, at least I feel like he road it. That's the worst part about this whole thing though. I really, really want to buy a board, but can't justify spending the money on something I'm not going to be able to use for the rest of the summer. Tack that onto the fact that my knee is screwed up because I came back from the last knee injury I had too early so I could snowboard and you'll quickly see why I have no interest in putting a new board in my house any time soon. I'm going to 'save my pennies' over the next few months and hopefully be able to pick up a new longboard. Ideally, that's what's going to best suit me in Long Beach.

Alright, enough for today.

No comments: