Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Forced Vacation Begins

So, I'm being forced to take some time off over this next week. I can't say I'm very happy about it, but if it's going to help our bottom line - especially given our stock price activity as of late (hint: It's been going down faster than I can bomb and icey East Coast slope) - then I'm game for it. The weekend has started out pretty good so far. I went to Creek with Brent and snowboarded for a half day. Pretty good day - I hit up some nice table tops and even nailed the rails (note: a few of the rails and hits nailed me back).

Tomorrow I am dropping off my cousin and the city and will (finally) have my house back. She was a great guest - very quiet, fairly clean, and generally conscious of her surroundings - but I (and my wife) just felt like guests in our own home at times. The problem with tomorrow is that it's supposed to be snowing here, so driving in to the city is going to be oh-s0-fun. At least we'll get her in there, drop her off, come back and relax on a snowy day (I'll have to venture out at some point to go to the gym). After that, this week will b e pretty mellow. I'm going snowboarding with my (old?) boss on Wednesday - that's the plan right now anyways. Then, the wife and I are probably going to head up to CT to go to either Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun for the day. Depending on the rate we get, we'll probably stay the night. Then, I'll be snowboarding next weekend. It'll be a nice spend some time with the wife - I'm pissed that I'm being forced to waste my vacation time, but what am I going to do.

No comments: