Friday, September 02, 2005

Truck Mania!

I've recently been bitten by the bug. My truck has turned into my new obsession. I will have it ready to do some beach-combing next summer! I can't wait. First order of business is to put some decent sized tires on it (due to popping one this past week) and raise it up a bit. After that, the upgrade list looks something like this:

Necessary

  • Tires - After popping my right rear the other day (pulling out of PepBoys of all places) and realizing that the tires where going south quickly anways, this has become a top priority. I've been looling around and found two that I really like.


    I've got 235/75/R15's on there now - I was thinking about bumping up to 265/75/R15's (or bigger). Any thoughts on this?

  • Driver's Side Foglight Replacement - Rock busted it while I was playing in the parkling lot of a local snowboard hill in NJ. Finally got around to getting the part. Should be replacing it this weekend.
Near Future Mods
  • Diamond Clear Corners & Headlights
  • Tinted (or aftermarket) Tail Lights
  • Explorer Brake Light Decal
  • Uniform Tint in Driver & Passenger Windows
  • Billet Grill
  • Interior Mods - dash knobs, gauges, & door handles are all possibilities
  • Rear View Mirror - Something snapped a year or two ago in this stupid thing and it shakes like hell. Gotta get a replacement
  • Cargo Bay Cover - The spring some how broke (I think one of my buddies - or my wife - pulled it out too far), so it doesn't retract without manually rolling it back. Needs replacing since I use it alot.
Long Term Upgrades
  • K&N Air Intake
  • Torsion Lift - need more info/how-to info (been doing some research online)
  • Shackle Kit - ditto above
  • Upgrade (stock +6-CD in arm rest) sound system
  • More to come
I've got a ton of other stuff I want to tackle including intake and exhaust, not to mention getting the truck detailed next spring and then hopefully repainted in a year or two. All kinds of fun - this weekend starts it all off with a few fixes - replacing the driver's side fog light (broken at Mountain Creek this winter) and replacing a lug bolt that snapped last weekend while I was replacing all four pads and rotors.

Fun city! I love working on my truck!

No comments: